Sunday, October 20, 2013

Fall Fever



There's something about fall in the air. The slight chill in the air. The leaves changing color and falling to the ground that makes me ever so happy. College football is in full swing. Boots, scarfs and tights are being dug out of their hiding places. Windows being raised. Pools are being covered and.....



The smell of pumpkin in any way you can imagine. Today I've got a pot of pumpkin butter simmering on the stove and pumpkin cheesecakes in the oven. It smells heavenly in here. Two different football games on two different TV's. I'd say this girl is pretty content.

 
Pumpkin is naturally low in calories, fat, sugar and carbs. It's extremely versatile and yummy. In particular the pumpkin butter that I made is great for pancakes, biscuits, toast, fruit, and goes along nicely with the pumpkin cheesecakes I made. Both are points friendly and very tasty. You can find both recipes here.  Happy baking and healthy eating!

1 comment:

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

Glad to see your writing again. I'm just catching up on my blog list. I've read them all now. A lot going on so I've been behind on everything. My blog or much less a hobby.
Take care and hope to visit soon. T