Friday, October 18, 2013

BRUTAL....that's all I got

I survived my workout yesterday.....and I will tell you it was BRUTAL! Our warm up consisted  of jogging 3 laps around the gym....yah! Great way to start (NOT)  Next we moved on to some big ole ropes. Looked like ropes for a big boat?

 
This looks easy enough. I got this. Squat, raise and make a wave with the ropes. Sets of 8......30 sec. rest 10. About halfway I was begging for it to be over. Next we moved to some other ropes that we pushups and pullups on.....not easy!!! Then we move to the treadmill......

 
Yeah you thought this was the easy part......NO! We had to make the treadmill go as fast as we could, but couldn't turn the machine on. Another words it was by sheer will power! Set of 8....30 and 10
 
 
Next was the spin cycle. Easiest of it all. Of course Bryan and Danica stood and pedaled. I did not.
 
Next we are on to lifting a huge weight that is attached to a barbell. Squat lift and return. Set of 8....30/10. Are you getting the picture? Then a smaller weight and leg lunges. I'm dying at this point but pushing through this. We move to a medicine ball, a barbell and some other machine that we pull our whole body up with. Here is where I get confirmation that my upper body is way weaker then my lower body. But I'm gonna fix that.
 
 
Then onto the really fun stuff!!!!
 
Yes as you prolly imagined we pushed and pulled this. Then a did squats with a kettlebell and more pushups :0/  And then squats with hand weights. Just when I thought we were done the mats come out. Ahhhh no workout is complete without a few planks. And anybody that knows me knows I love to plank!!!! On each side and front. Leg lifts, scissors, situps, crunches. Ouchhhhh!!
 
But guess what guys? I made it through. I really enjoyed it, although a few times I thought I would barf. This morning I'm a little sore. Nothing like I expected. I'm really proud of myself for reaching this goal. I plan to rest today and hit it again Sat. Have a great weekend
 
 

No comments: