Thursday, August 23, 2012

Wild and Wacky Wednesday.....




Wednesday was jammed packed.....morning coffee date at 9:30 in Baton Rouge, back to my house for noon for lunch date with B, bake cakes for the weekend, back to BR for 3:30 for my therapy appt, back home to shower and head to church for praise team, back home for a few hours and then to NOLA to pick up Rachel from the airport. I was tired before I got started. Was gonna be a long day and I was gonna be cranky before the day was over, this was obvious. However it all came to a screeching halt when I got a text from Kandygirl, on her way to school that said I10 was closed to the 10/12 split. Ok, well may not be able to make coffee day. This has happened to me so many times I can't even count. My friend calls, we discuss, we rethink, we reschedule. Well now I can put cakes in oven, clean house and shower before B gets here. However..........I got sidetracked by a phone call. Another friend, Susie. Uh I just looked at my calendar. Today was our date!!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG.....I kept telling B I'm forgetting something. I have something planned but I can't remember. I didn't put it in my calendar and request an alert. I totally forgot. So sorry Ms. Susie :0( We would've had to reschedule anyway. Traffic is gridlocked on the interstate and all side roads. What happened you ask? I'll get to that in a sec. Susie and I laughed and talked for a good while and in the process solved 2 problems! My blogger comments and what to get some hard to buy for people for Christmas. Our minds together= dangerous...lol

 Ok what happened on the interstate: At 3:40 am a car lost control, flipped hitting a retainer wall in construction. An tanker, fully loaded stopped quickly to avoid the car, another 18 wheeler behind him tried and failed to do the same. Hitting tanker, damaging valves, causing leaks of a dangerous chemical thus shutting down 10/12 until around 6 on Thursday morning. Might I just throw this out there....if you pull out in front of a loaded tanker and expect him to be able to stop quickly, YOU COULD BE SADLY MISTAKEN!!!! There are thousands of gallons of pressure pushing that truck. You should never pull out in front of any 18 wheeler for that matter, but especially a tanker. My hubby drives one, I've ridden with him, I know, I've felt it. That's my rant for today....lol. So cakes got baked, laundry got done, floors got mopped, dinner got cooked. B and I had a nice visit. While we are chatting my therapist calls (2pm) and says Karen I'm wondering if you're gonna be able to make it here? I was just wondering the same thing. Well let's reschedule till Friday if that's ok? Sure, that's perfect. 2nd appt rescheduled. B and I finish off our visit with a nice cup of coffee.


 After B left I started thinking about church and the interstate still being closed(everybody travels the back road by my house when I12 is closed) my hubby thought it would be a good idea to just stay home. I mean I had to be in Nola for 11:30 and I had a horrible headache so I needed to rest. 3rd appt.....cancelled. So I take meds and lay down. Hubby comes home and says I bet if you paid your son he's go get Rachel from the airport!!!! Well call him up and ask him. So basically a day that should have been slammed, turned into a very good day. I only got worked up once yesterday....lol. And it had nothing to do with all the things I was suppose to do, the things that got cancelled etc. So my girl is home for a few days and we have a birthday party for our Maddie Grace this weekend. Hoping for minimal or no rain so we can swim In case I don't get a chance to post again....hope you have a great 
weekend

BTW....9 days till kickoff of Tiger football!!!! Are you ready????



Take care of you,
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope that you get to enjoy some quality time with Rachel.