Friday, August 31, 2012

After The Storm....

WHEW.......the storm is over. Isaac has FINALLY left us. I've never been so happy to be rid of a man!!!


I'm thinking he was the slowest moving storm I've ever seen. Started on Tuesday afternoon (we lost power at 1am Wed) and lasted easily till Thursday night. Very high winds and heavy rains.......well isn't that what a hurricane is? Duh


My awesome nursey nurse, nurse daughter, Danica went to work on Tuesday and didn't get to leave until Thursday afternoon. Shout out to all of you who pulled double, even triple shifts during/after the storm



We are fortunate that this is about all we are dealing with. Lots of branches and debris. Lost most of my pecans in my pecan tree and it was damaged somewhat :0(


I don't know if the pool can be cleaned up without spending a ton of money. I mean it is Aug 31. May just be shutting it down for the fall/winter :0(


This is the Entergy grid map and guess who is still on it listed as not having power? Yep one of those blue triangles is me :0/ I'm not complaining mind you. I have a generator, a window unit and plenty of food. 


So lemme tell you what I got! Cabin fever in a major way!!!! Stir crazy is what I am! Boredom rules and rains here! Funny how we long for days that we can just to nothing....and when that day comes we can't even enjoy it. So what's a girl to do to overcome the cabin fever? Other then eat her way through the pantry? Sleep, drink plenty of coffee (shhhhh don't tell my massage therapist) and play games. Ok so after I wore that and Pinterest out......don't fall in the floor......I went to the gym :0)
We did have cable and internet so we have TV and FB....yah!!!!

This is what happens when you stay trapped together for to long


I washed a few loads of laundry


Kept the mop in my hand

cooked

did dishes

all normal things, right? yeah no power. Have to be innovative.....


No funnel? No problem.....milk jug serves as funnel
Generator, best thing ever invented, next to electricity

Got sidetracked..............WE HAVE POWER!!!!!!


And looked what arrived just in time for the celebration!!!!!!!

And now that the power is my house is all nice and clean and I'm just relaxing and socking up the A/C
All in all we made it through with no real problems. Folks in other areas of this parish and other parish however are facing real problems with flooding. Even heard of a couple drowning in their home. So I won't complain, rather be thankful that all is well at my little piece of heaven.....

Take care of you
Karen





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh mommy! You're in trouble for that pic you posted of me

Danica :)

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

Love the picture of D in her professional attire. She still looks like the girl she was in high school. Get to writing friend. I'm checking all the time.... Love you and thanks for all the support. You'll never know what it means to me. <3

My Spinal Cord Stimulator Journey said...

I'm sorry sister but your pool looks bad...:-(