Tuesday, August 28, 2012

There's a hurricane a comin.....

It has been simply CRAZY here. In case you haven't heard.....a hurricane's a comin. 


Hurricane Isaac that was originally predicted to hit Florida is headed directly to NOLA on the 7th anniversary of Katrina. Needless to say folks in NOLA are a little nervous. (For those that don't know, I'm about 60 miles from NOLA, just outside of Baton Rouge). Of course Isaac isn't as big as Katrina but we will see lots of wind, rain and more then likely loose power for a few days.


Hubby and I were out and about on Saturday night when the update came that Isaac had veered more westward, toward us, so we made decided to make a pit stop and get some supplies just in case. Store had a few customers. Shelves were well stocked and we got all we went for and got out in less then 30 mins. 



Of course we gotta have water.....plus I've got a huge pool to dip in and from if needed


Got my can goods AND the much sought after bread


This is an absolute necessity that most people don't think about, and we almost forgot :0/


And can't forget the pets. They have been pretty wild today. They sense something....


This will be Binx first hurricane and he's already hiding (sorry the pic is blurry)


Then of course you must have a generator. I mean living in hurricane alley without one is CRAzee


$100 dollars for gas to run the generator for MAYBE 2 days........ouch!!!



And we all gotta have that little treat to get us through the torture of having no A/C and living like we on a camping trip, of which I am not to fond. 


It's been a flurry of activity at the fire station across the street from my house. Sandbags

I was suppose to work today but my awesome boss said stay home and take care of your family :0) Kandace and I woke up and jumped on the housework (after coffee) Washed, folded and put away all the laundry. Mopped floors, scrubbed bathrooms, washed dishes and vacuumed. Took a break for lunch then ran a few things to the hospital where my daughter works. She has to stay at work till the storm is over :0( So no Danica or Recey :0((((( After coming back home we hit the yard and picked up patio sets, swimming pool stuff and etc. We are pooped.


Once inside I had another coffee and then put on a pot of gumbo and potato salad. That should last us a few days and make everybody happy. 


It's gotten pretty windy here and the rain has started to fall.
For the most part I think we have everything we need, ready to go, or ready to wait. Hubby finally made it home so we are going to fix a big bowl of gumbo and crowd around the TV  and overload on TWC and Jim Cantorrie. If you're in the path of the storm, be safe. If you're not, be thankful. Till the next time....

Take care of you
Karen

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd rather be home with you guys, gumbo, and Jim...but instead, I'm at BRG :(
~danica