Monday, November 4, 2013

It's November.....Already!!!!


I can hardly believe it's November already. Only 3 weeks till Thanksgiving, 8 weeks till Christmas. Seems like yesterday it was January 1, 2013. I love this time of year. The leaves are turning and falling, the pool is covered, it's football season, the weather has a hint of winter in the air and people somehow, to me anyway, seem a little nicer.

This time of year seems to bring on sickness as well. I recently had a virus. Everyone else that had it, had it for 12/24 hours. I had it for 3 stinking days. Then as soon as I got over that I developed a persistent dry cough. I still have it and have gotten very little sleep because as soon as I lay down I start to cough.

I've already started Christmas shopping, hoping to be done by Dec 1. I love to enjoy the holidays but not the rush of the season. I prefer to spend it baking and being with the ones I love.

This past Saturday was spent with family for a birthday party. I'm blessed with a great family. Lost some of them with all I've been through but that doesn't matter to me. What I have is greater then what I've lost. You've gotta be pretty special to be let in the circle. Bridget, "B" as we call her has been around so long that she's just a Russell. My adopted redheaded step child. Her mom and I became friends through our kids and band. I consider B my daughter and so naturally her son, Parker, or Parker Parker as he is know, is my grandson. I had to go all out for his cake. I do that for all my grands. This year Parker Parker was a ninja

 
Now they don't come much cuter then this!
 


A few days before this was Halloween. The weatherman said RAIN! I tried to remember the last Halloween that it rained and I couldn't. We had planned to meet at a friends and go on a hayride in a neighboring subdivision BUT the rain came and it came hard. We had 4 kids and myself all dressed in costumes with nowhere to go.....sad faces all around.

My little witch and my superhero.
 
 
My Babies
 
We finally decided to take the kids, in our cars to at least a few houses and then come home. We headed out and it looked like the rain had let up some and so they hopped out and went on their way

 
We actually trick or treated the entire neighborhood and the kids made a "killing" On candy overload. My Recey had such a great time that he proclaimed it "the best day of his life" All that worrying we momma's did about the rain and the kids had a great time. Sometimes we should stop and see life through the eyes of our kids
 

No comments: